Spring is here, and it is a beautiful time to renew. I love the energy of new beginnings, Spring brings a sense of hope, wonder and becoming.
It's also detox season! I believe that clarifying the body is a sure pathway that brings us to our true self. Cleansing gets rid of the clutter, and when that happens, we shine. Cleansing and nourishing our minds, bodies, and spirit allows the best of who we are to rise; we feel lighter, brighter and happier.
Here are my top 10 tips for Spring Transformation:
- Start your day with fresh fruit infused water. Lemon, lime, or grapefruit is fantastic first thing in the morning.
- Dry brush daily! This daily practice removes dry, dead skin, tones your skin and stimulates your lymphatic system! Dry brushing is also an excellent treatment for cellulite.
- Daily Self Massage with an uplifting essential oil such as grapefruit or wild orange. Daily Self Massage is known as Abhyanga in Ayurvedic tradition. This is the ultimate self-love practice. Self-massage is a deeply nourishing treatment that not only conditions your skin, but it will also calm your nervous system as well. Our cells function better in parasympathetic mode. I recommend organic Apricot Body Oil by Eminence. This oil is a synergistic blend of Apricot Kernal Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Seabuckthorn Oil and Pomegranate Seed Oil. If your Elemental Nature is Vata you can use Sesame Oil, Pitta Coconut Oil and for Kapha our Ayurvedic Specialist, Ankita Singh recommends a dry massage with Triphala Powder. Find more about Ayurveda here or book an Ayurvedic consultation with us.
- Eat lighter- warm foods. Spring is the time to lighten up. Make some Kitchari! This Ayurvedic detox dish is delicious and an excellent choice for all elemental natures. Find the recipe here. Green smoothies are also a great option as long as they are room temperature and slightly warmed. According to Ayurveda, digestion represents the element of Fire, which it transforming our food into nutrients, putting cold food in our system can dampen our digestive fire especially in the seasons for Fall, Winter, and Spring.
- Practice meditation with a chanting mantra to declutter the mind and enhance your wisdom.
- Move your body. Early morning is best – and enough to get a sweat on.
- Make time for an Organic Beauty Facial and assess your current skin routine with your Skin Specialist.
- Infrared Sauna- this is such an incredible way to detoxify the body.
- Hot Yoga with a focus on backbends to stimulate the liver.
- Drink Sweet Skin Detox Tea
- Bonus: Get rid of “things” that no longer serve you. Declutter your space, make it sacred. Honor your dwelling, your spirit reside there, and you deserve the best!