Luna Charcoal Facial Sponge
- The Luna Charcoal Facial Sponge is created in Japan using the roots of the konyakku plant, a food staple for more than 1,500 years in Asian cultures.
- The vegetable fibers are purified and spun into a puff that is incredibly water-retentive.
- When used, there is a water barrier between sponge and skin which means it cleanses without scratching or irritating.
- The sponge is ideal for daily use, especially for those with sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- How to use: For the first use, soak the sponge in warm water for 10-15 minutes until it puffs up and rehydrates.
- It will expand about 50% and be soft and squishy like sponge cake.
- For Daily Use: Soak briefly in warm water to rehydrate.
- To exfoliate, wet the sponge and make a small lather with your favorite Cleanser.
- Sponge can be used alone without any cleanser.
- Rub in circular motions to remove dirt from the pores without scratching the skin.
- Rinse out completely.
- Then press between palms to remove excess water from sponge and hang to dry.
- After 3 months: Sanitize the sponge or replace.
- If you see mold or bacteria growth, do not use the sponge.[It is a natural product and can grow mold or bacteria if not properly handled.]
- Some users have boiled it in water to sterilize it, or saturated it in water and microwaved for 20 seconds to sterilize.
- If you continue to squeeze and hang it to fully dry between uses, it could last for up to 6 months.
- To store: After each use, rinse out the sponge and gently press between palms to remove excess water.
- Hang up to dry between uses, with the included string hanger.
- Never wring out the sponge as this might damage or alter its shape.
- Replace after 3 to 6 months.